Why PADI Equipment Specialist?
Whether it's a regulator problem, a wet suit tear or a broken mask
strap, the Equipment Specialist course can help. This Specialty course
prepares you for the basic equipment maintenance, care and adjustments
you'll encounter every day. In addition, you'll get the valuable background
on equipment repair and purchase, making you better able to protect
What do I need to start?
- PADI Scuba Diver, Junior Scuba Diver, PADI Open Water Diver, Junior
Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another
- Minimum age: 12 years old (10 for PADI Junior Scuba Diver and PADI
Junior Open Water Diver)
What will I do?
During your PADI Equipment Specialist program, you'll familiarize yourself
with the operation and maintenance of your personal equipment. Your
instructor might also provide the opportunity to review new or unfamiliar
The program is not an equipment repair program but it does give you:
- Theory, principles and operation of dive equipment
- Routine recommended care and maintenance procedures
- Common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and
an introduction to new equipment
long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: six
What will I need?
- The Scuba Equipment Care & Maintenance book
Where can I go from here?
You can count this Specialty certification towards your Master Scuba Diver certification.
To learn more about your dive equipment, stop by your local PADI Dive Center or Resort and sign up for the PADI Equipment Specialist certification.